• November 22, 1950
The Credit Union was organized under a federal charter as the Fort Knox Civilian Employees Federal Credit Union. Ten members started $1,000 in combined capital.
• July 1960
The charter was changed to accept military personnel as members and the name was changed to Fort Knox Federal Credit Union.
• February 1968
The Credit Union moved into its first free standing location on the Fort Knox post.
• January 1975
The Credit Union opened a second location at the Commissary/PX Complex on post.
• October 1976
The first Elizabethtown Branch opened on Dixie Highway.
• January 1978
A two-story addition was completed at the Pershing branch, greatly expanding the Credit Union's member service operations.
• February 1985
The Radcliff Branch on Lincoln Trail Boulevard was opened.
• October 1995
The Credit Union opened its branch outside Hardin County in Leitchfield (Grayson County).
• June 1996
The Bardstown Branch was opened.
• April 1997
The Credit Union opened its second Elizabethtown Branch on Ring Road.
• October 1999
The Leitchfield Branch was relocated to a new building and the first Shared Branch in Louisville was opened.
• November 1999
The Credit Union began branch operations in Danville.
• November 2000
With more than $260 million in assets, the Credit Union celebrated 50 years of dedicated service to members.
• November 2002
Opened the new Main Branch on South Dixie Boulevard in Radcliff.
• July 2004
The Brandenburg Branch opened in Meade County.
• March 2007
The Member Resource Center becomes Member Resource Branch.
• August 2008
A temporary branch in Campbellsville opens while construction begins on our 12th branch location.
• February 2009
The doors opened to our new Campbellsville branch located at 121 Wal-Mart Drive.
• August 2009
A groundbreaking ceremony took place in LaRue County for our new Hodgenville branch located at 299 Lincoln Drive.
• September 2009
Construction of a free-standing branch in Brandenburg began. The groundbreaking ceremony took place at 1452 Old State Road in Meade County.
• March 2010
A groundbreaking ceremony took place for the new free-standing Danville branch. The new location is 312 Skywatch Drive.
• March 2010
The new free-standing Brandenburg branch, located at 1452 Old State Road, opens it's doors on March 29th, 2010.
• June 2010
A new branch in Hodgenville opens, located at 299 Lincoln Drive.
• September 2010
Two new branches opened this month! First, a new free-standing Danville branch opened at 312 Skywatch Drive. Secondly, a new on-post branch opened in the HRCoE complex located at 6424 Spearhead Division Road.
• September 2011
A groundbreaking ceremony took place for the new free-standing Bardstown Branch. The new branch is set to be completed in the Spring of 2012.
• May 2012
The new free-standing Bardstown Branch, located at 100 Kelly Drive, opens for business on May 21, 2012.
• July 2012
A groundbreaking ceremony took place for the new branch location in Valley Station, located at 9915 Dixie Highway.
• December 2012
The new branch in Jefferson County, located at 9915 Dixie Highway, opens for business.
• November 2013
The new branch in Bardstown, located inside Walmart at 3795 East John Rowan, opens for business.
Looking back over the years:
On November 22, 1950, Fort Knox Federal Credit Union was organized under a Federal Charter for civilian employees. There were 10 charter members and the Credit Union was named Fort Knox Civilian Employees Federal Credit Union. The Charter was changed on July 29, 1960, to accept military personnel into the field of membership. The name was changed at the same time to the current name "Fort Knox Federal Credit Union."
Fort Knox Federal Credit Union has seen tremendous growth over the years that has allowed us to expand into many neighboring communities. Our latest addition is the Hodgenville Branch, making 14 branch locations across Kentucky in Hardin, Grayson, Meade, Nelson, Boyle, LaRue, Taylor, and Jefferson counties. Currently, Fort Knox Federal Credit Union has over 76,000 members with over $1.05 billion in assets.