Fort Knox Federal Credit Union exists to improve the financial lives of its member-owners.
Looking back over the years:
On November 22, 1950, Fort Knox Federal Credit Union was organized under a Federal Charter for civilian employees. There were 10 charter members and the Credit Union was named Fort Knox Civilian Employees Federal Credit Union. The Charter was changed on July 29, 1960, to accept military personnel into the field of membership. The name was changed at the same time to the current name "Fort Knox Federal Credit Union."
Fort Knox Federal Credit Union has seen tremendous growth over the years that has allowed us to expand into many neighboring communities. Our latest addition is the Shepherdsville Walmart Branch, making 16 branch locations across Kentucky in Hardin, Grayson, Meade, Nelson, Boyle, LaRue, Taylor, Bullitt and Jefferson counties. Currently, Fort Knox Federal Credit Union has over 90,000 members with over $1.3 billion in assets.
November 22, 1950
The Credit Union was organized under a federal charter as the Fort Knox Civilian Employees Federal Credit Union. Ten members started $1,000 in combined capital.
The charter was changed to accept military personnel as members and the name was changed to Fort Knox Federal Credit Union.
The Credit Union moved into its first free standing location on the Fort Knox post.
The Credit Union opened a second location at the Commissary/PX Complex on post.
The first Elizabethtown Branch opened on Dixie Highway.
A two-story addition was completed at the Pershing branch, greatly expanding the Credit Union's member service operations.
The Radcliff Branch on Lincoln Trail Boulevard was opened.
The Credit Union opened its branch outside Hardin County in Leitchfield (Grayson County).
The Bardstown Branch was opened.
The Credit Union opened its second Elizabethtown Branch on Ring Road.
The Leitchfield Branch was relocated to a new building and the first Shared Branch in Louisville was opened.
The Credit Union began branch operations in Danville.
With more than $260 million in assets, the Credit Union celebrated 50 years of dedicated service to members.
Opened the new Main Branch on South Dixie Boulevard in Radcliff.
The Brandenburg Branch opened in Meade County.
The Member Resource Center becomes Member Resource Branch.
A temporary branch in Campbellsville opens while construction begins on our 12th branch location.
The doors opened to our new Campbellsville branch located at 121 Wal-Mart Drive.
A groundbreaking ceremony took place in LaRue County for our new Hodgenville branch located at 299 Lincoln Drive.
Construction of a free-standing branch in Brandenburg began. The groundbreaking ceremony took place at 1452 Old State Road in Meade County
A groundbreaking ceremony took place for the new free-standing Danville branch. The new location is 312 Skywatch Drive.
The new free-standing Brandenburg branch, located at 1452 Old State Road, opens it's doors on March 29th, 2010.
A new branch in Hodgenville opens, located at 299 Lincoln Drive.
Two new branches opened this month! First, a new free-standing Danville branch opened at 312 Skywatch Drive. Secondly, a new on-post branch opened in the HRCoE complex located at 6424 Spearhead Division Road
Fort Knox Federal reached $1.01 billion in assets.
A groundbreaking ceremony took place for the new free-standing Bardstown Branch. The new branch is set to be completed in the Spring of 2012.
The new free-standing Bardstown Branch, located at 100 Kelly Drive, opens for business on May 21, 2012.
A groundbreaking ceremony took place for the new branch location in Valley Station, located at 9915 Dixie Highway.
The new branch in Jefferson County, located at 9915 Dixie Highway, opens for business.
The new branch in Bardstown, located inside Walmart at 3795 East John Rowan, opens for business.
The new branch in Shepherdsville, located inside Walmart at 545 Conestoga Pkwy, opens for business.
PO Box 900
Radcliff, KY 40159
(Please do not send personal information in your email)
Routing #: 283978425